Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Let the Fun Begin!

The big kids are going to be so excited to hear that their most favorite chore is coming back into rotation.

Hubby raced the sun to get the potatoes and lettuce seeds into the ground last night.


As usual, the little boys were instrumental in getting the job done quickly.




Especially when they got to the lettuce seeds. 

I'm sure we're going to have lettuce coming up in all sorts of odd places around the garden this year.

And as the big kids know, once you plant the seeds, the rows will need grass clippings to keep the weeds at bay.

I can almost hear the enthusiastic cheering now.

"He isn't raking!  He's just standing there watching us work!"

"I've raked three piles.  Can I take a break?"

"He won't give me the rake.  I've already wheeled 100 loads of grass to the garden.  It's his turn!"

"This grass is sticking to me!  It itches!"

"It is soooooo hot out here.  Can I pleeeeeaase have a popsicle?"

Ahh.  Good times.

Have a lovely, newly-cut-grass scented day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you're thinking!