I know how much you like a mystery. :)
1. Funny kids' drawings. Cuckoo has come up with some good ones this week.
A hint... The kids were asked to draw a picture of a P word.
He drew a game of water polo.
Any ideas what those swirly things are?
Oh my word I love how he draws belly buttons. Especially when they are on the wrong side of the person. :)
2. I can't hear the word belly button without this song jumping into my head. If you have little kids, you must get this CD. The. Best. Kids'. CD. Ever.
3. Super soccer. You've probably never heard of it, seeing as how my kids made it up. It's their way of playing soccer in the house. They've been playing it for months, but I jumped in today. It was actually fun, and there is a much better chance that I won't hurt myself doing it.
4. Conferences with the elementary school teachers went well. My favorite comment was from the kindergarten teacher. (I know. None of you are surprised.) She said she is so glad to have Cuckoo in her class, as he is the only student in the room who understands sarcasm. They have some good laughs together.
5. Our parish is one where new priests come to learn the ropes before being assigned to their own parishes. It is marvelous for our kids, because they get to see that priests aren't stuffy guys in the front of church, but men who have fun. Our current associate pastor came to the cross country city meet to cheer the kids on. Afterwards, he was throwing the frisbee around with a bunch of them, and all were having a grand time.
6. Giant and the rest of the 8th graders ended their cross country season with a great race.
7. I finally finished a favor for a friend that I'd been working on for a long time.
8. A plan Bryan and I have been hatching for months and months went off without a hitch.
9. I discovered that House is on reruns during the time I usually eat lunch. I can sit and enjoy on of my old favorites.
10. Getting some one-on-one time with Phoenix this weekend.
I've been scarce this week, and the coming one won't be any better. Big things going on at the coop. I'll tell you all about it as soon as I can.
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group