Good thing, 'cause I'm running out the door and I need some quick thankfuls!
1. Bryan and I were able to go out to dinner with friends from our law school days. We haven't seen them in a couple of years, but you'd never know it if you were someone else in the restaurant. We laughed the entire time, which was quite a while. We closed the place.
2. The basketball season is officially over for my boys. While I do enjoy watching them play, I'm enjoying this one week break between basketball ending and soccer practices starting.
3. On Monday I was able to work in Cuckoo's kindergarten room for the first time for their 100th Day activities. His teacher gave me the painting station, seeing as how I was her daughter's preschool teacher and she knew I had experience. It was nice to finally put names to the faces I hear about.
4. On Tuesday I volunteered at St. Elizabeth's as usual, but now I have someone to work with me. She is a new volunteer who recently moved here from Virginia and has a teenage son. We got along very well.
5. After volunteering, Bryan and I had lunch together. It is Devour Downtown this month in Indy, so we tried a new-to-us restaurant called Georgia Reese's. It was some goooood southern comfort food. We certainly devoured our alligator gumbo, shrimp and grits, salad, meatloaf with sides, bread pudding, and peach cobbler. The best peach cobbler.
No really. The Best.
6. Our dog line is finally fixed. It broke a while ago, but nothing could really be done with the yard covered in snow and ice. We had a break in weather, so the guy came out. Unfortunately, it wasn't before the dogs (Roy in particular) managed to get a hold of a few of the chickens. Thankfully, we still have the 15 smartest ones left.
7. I still love my washer and dryer. In completely unrelated instances, two members of my family said something about how my life seems to revolve around laundry. I can't say it isn't true. BUT, at least I can get all of that laundry washed and dried in much less time than I used to. It's the folding that kills me. Every time.
8. I took the time to write TWO posts (besides thankful ones) this week. Remarkable, seeing as how I was out the door early every morning this week.
9. I got to sub in the kids' old preschool (where I used to teach) on Thursday. It's always fun to be in a room with 17 3/4 year olds!
10. I'm off to our last all-weekend volleyball tournament. I'm thankful that Bryan has something he has to stay in town for most weekends, so I get to go to all these tournaments. Watching volleyball is so much fun!
Alrighty, I'm off. I'll be reading all your posts, but commenting might be a problem. Know that I am enjoying my time hopping around the links to see what has made everyone smile this week. Such a mood booster!
Have a lovely day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful